[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: $66, How I feel about it.

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 18:16:28 -0800 (PST)

I am planning on advertising in the Review. I e-mailed Gail about an ad and got
no reply.
Carolyn <marhaven@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't forget......the Board also gets the Review just as late as anyone else!
Here in Colfax, Ca. I think we are at the very end of the U.S. mail trail so we
really get it late! Anyone that enjoys the Review is aware it is getting smaller
and it is getting later........I think we are all very cognizant of the issues.
We LOVE the Review here.....we love going back and looking for a specific dog we
remember or pedigree and then get all involved in going through some old Reviews
and the dogs ...... it is an important part of Breed History and always readily
available
for quick research. Personally, even though it is more often late news now...I
still
can't see the Internet ever taking it's place. It's a tool we can spend an
afternoon
with as we start going through them looking for a specific dog or pedigree or
Ad....
It's the dogs pictures and the Advertising that we look for first and sticks in
our
memories ......and that is what we miss the most as it gets smaller.
With no Ads......it cannot get better.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 3:04 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] $66, How I feel about it.

> The $66.00 membership fee is what I pay to belong to the GSDCA, hoping that
> money is spent wisely for all the programs and committees that the GSDCA
> supports. The Review is a BIG extra. Of course, I want it to be a GREAT
> magazine, delivered on time and something that I, as a part of the club, can
> be
> proud
> of.
> Now, let's let the new board work on this a bit. I am absolutely sure that
> every member of that board is cognizant of the issues, of what the membership
> has discussed, and have ideas on how to address the problem of the Review, and
> will consider other situations that are out there for the club to function in
> a manner that reflects upon the members and the breed.
>
> Thank you for listening
> Stormy Hope

> In a message dated 1/25/06 3:55:39 PM, lexieshep@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>

>> Maybe $66.00 is considered pocket change to some, but
>> I work hard for every dollar that I earn. I expect a
>> REVIEW, and I am waiting for Oct, Nov, and Dec.
>>
>> If this happened at where I worked, people would be
>> out the door and out of a job.
>>
>> If this is b******,OH WELL!!

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Ann
www.edangsd.com
home of #1 2005 Major producing Dam, I've Got It All of Edan ROM
Breeder/owner of 58 Champions and 16 Register of Merit
I've Got Ch Mechanical Bull-Can Sel #4 Ch MeMe puppies