[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 500 dogs will be put to death..(NOT!!).

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RihadinK9@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 11:14:05 -0400

I received information this morning that the post I forwarded to the
list last night was not strictly true...however, there are many dogs
being taken out by rescue groups in the area, so there is some truth to
the statement.
    Whenever a greyhound track closes, many of the dogs are put
down...that is a true statement.
    Dogs are being removed from this track by rescue groups as far away
as New York (not really that far away), so there is truth in that statement.
    Homes are being sought...there is truth in that statement.
    I'm glad that there isn't a thought of putting 500 down...but I hope
anyone who has entertained the thought of adopting a greyhound will
still do so, and perhaps give a home to one of these dogs.
Peggy