[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 4 H shows

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: hollywoods@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 01:56:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Holly,

I personally have a big problem with 4H. Because I over the last 3 years have
learned to become a vegetarian. I can't seem to stay away from cheese and milk
for my shakes and tea or I would be a vegan.

When I worked at a kennel here in BC ( Woodside ) I took a group of 4H kids
from just over the border through the kennels. ( I wish now I had taken the
names of the adults so I could have a written word) . The kids(  8 of them )
were either horrified or ignorant. Most were aghast at the conditions the dogs
were kept in and some were fine.

The ones that were "fine" with it have always worried me. I do know 3 kids from
one family bought 2 young females to breed from that breeder. One of them,
Khameo, was bred twice and then ended up in a bullshit rescue here in Canada  (
Big Dog Rescue ) and bred a couple of more times and then ultimately ended up
back at Woodside.....AFTER being spayed by a reputable rescue and Woodside
showed her for a couple of points to gain points for the sire. ( While spayed,
it IS a fact  )

Woodside got Khameo from the reputable rescue because they always offer the
breeder the first option. That is now changed.

Never never never again will trust be put there.

Colleen Donnelly

Holly Woods <hollywoods@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I am judging the dog 4 H show next weekend.... I have to saty it is one of
the ones I dont have a problem with.... I cant stand to see a kid make a
pet of animal and then sell it to be eaten..... I can understand them
being raised to be eaten.......... whole diff story. These are brushed
washed.... rode on,, told stories to.. had homework done with......(much
like our dogs are)....... I dont believe in someone making a pet of
something and gaining its trust and then eating it......... Im sure I will
get flackk over this

Holly Woods
Marrand Shepherds Williams Lake, B.C.

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG BREED BETTERMENT REGISTRY

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz

Whoever will only draw conclusions from the eminence of his own particular
point of view, will obtain a distorted picture. --Max von Stephanitz

http://mail.yahoo.com