[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: $ 35.00 - FACT, NOT FICTION

  • From: "Joan Fox" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "tanksr@xxxxxxxxx" <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>, "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:22:20 -0700

Hey Pam, So how many new members did we get?
Joan

Joan F. Fox
17500 Haskins Rd.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023
tel: 440-759-4119
http://www.campaignersgsds.com

On Friday, August 29, 2014 1:17 PM, Pam Stoesser <pkstoesser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

1)  IT IS a $36 membership.  That number was specifically chosen so that the
cost of the Review was covered.
2) Those who have joined in the last couple of years pay the same renewal
rate as every other member and more than half of the new 2012 members
renewed in 2013.
3) The membership application asks about the interests of the applicant.
Very few of the people who joined in the last 2 years indicated membership
in any other organization other than a regional Club.  By and large, these
people indicate that they have a GSD and they want more information about
the breed.

Only about 10% of the visitors to GSDCA.org are members.  That's a lot of
potential new members.  The website gets between 23,000 and 30,000 unique
visitors each month and a large number of those are referrals from AKC.org.
These new visitors mostly look at the pages dealing with how to choose a
puppy, how to identify a good breeder, puppy training, and the
breeder/classified ads.  While the number of visitors grows, the first pages
they visit stay about the same, although our new "Bringing Your Puppy Home"
pages are becoming pretty popular.

So, the majority of people who visit GSDCA.org, are pretty ideal candidates
for membership.
Pam