[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 3 Side

  • From: "Bob Van Winkle" <rmvw1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 23:58:04 GMT

 I ask the list to read very carefully what Laurie Pruitt had to say.
It could not have been stated any better. Or accurately.
And for those of you (two) who wrote me privately about a letter writing=
 campaign and people not being there.  Let me state for the record I WAS=
 there Friday and Sunday. In fact I stayed to see and support Chyna in t=
he group. The behavior of the AKC Rep. was nothing short of an OUTRAGE.
That is no excuse for the behavior of some double handlers.
Once again this is about how the REP handled herself and the situation.

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 10:43:59 -0500
From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: the 3rd side to the two-sided story...

I've e-mailed Donna privately.  I admit that many of the GSD folks behav=
ed badly on Friday.  The biggest (and most rude) offender was ordered to=
 leave the show grounds and, according to Deb Hokkanen - is never allowe=
d to attend those shows again in the future.  However, the GSD people we=
re on very good behavior for the rest of the weekend and, for whatever r=
eason, that wasn't good enough for the rep.  Donna admits that her anima=
ls were doubled, discreetly, that weekend and Donna and Leslie had an ex=
ceptional weekend as far as winners go.  I too, doubled discreetly, and =
the rep went right after me, invading my personal space, lecturing me fo=
r far longer than necessary, and then entered the ring to tell the judge=
 ( the rep told me this was what she did) that people (the judge looked =
over the rep's shoulder directly at me while the rep was talking to her)=
 were disrespecting her wishes regarding doubling.  So, whether the judg=
e was influenced by the rep or not, I don't know, but =

 I do know that the rep tried to influence the judge against animals she=
 thought were doubled. =

 =

While I understand that Donna didn't have the same problems with the rep=
 that the rest of did, perhaps the rep (consciously or unconsciously) ga=
ve her a break since, as Donna says, the rep is a friend of hers.  I fel=
t harassed by this rep.
 =

I have been showing since the 60's - mainly at all-breeds - and I've nev=
er had a problem like this with a rep.  This rep was angry and handled h=
er anger badly.  And, she absolutely did hit me (which she at first deni=
ed when I asked her about it and then admitted she was trying to knock m=
y hand out of my pocket).
 =

So, while Donna was there, I don't think that she saw everything that we=
nt on.  Those of you who know me know that I'm not a troublemaker or a p=
ot stirrer.    I did not complain to the AKC (although I thought about i=
t).  I chose to try and work things out directly with the rep at the end=
 of the weekend and was treated extremely rudely by her.  Enough so that=
 I left the show in tears.   =

 =

So, shame on us for behaving badly enough on Friday to tick off the rep =
and interfere with other rings, but shame on her for interacting with ex=
hibitors in the manner in which she did for the balance of the weekend w=
hen no other rings were negatively impacted by the kind of discreet doub=
ling that Donna says she did and that I tried to do, but was not allowed=
 to do by the rep.  There was no excuse for her behavior in my book.
 =

That's my story and I'm sticking to it....
 =

Laurie Pruett
 =

  =

Internet Security Software - Click here.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3mEWrq6cY2z2eQxEdkiS37=
lgYBEfjBI7RI46bWf63alq2VJ8/