[ SHOWGSD-L ] [2011 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL NATIONAL SITE] Everything must end

  • From: ADMIN <adminshowgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 11:23:22 -0700

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!  Send comments, if any, to showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We are home. It was a great national and relaxed and no one seemed to
get up tight.

I thought that was a factor of the show last year, but it is the
reflection of Bill Burgraff.  He is everywhere working on details and
showing how much fun a dog show can be. He lets his personality
reflect in the show, and the people who attended appreciated it. There
was more laughter this year than most.  I also did talk to Bill and he
was thinking of resigning from doing the National. I did all I could
to get him to change his mind. I will know in a few days what he
decides to do. Either way, we all should thank him.

I loved what Ed did. He has always said that the first four or five
Selects are what is meaningful and after that, if they are good enough
to go Select the placing are not important. That is what he did. Now,
some may not like that, and might want to brag about being Select 8
instead of Select 11. But, I have to agree with Ed. It is important
for the top few, and the rest are quality enough to be Select.  I have
never seen anyone else with the ability to know and remember so much
about dogs and bitches as Ed, and it was very sad for me to hear he
was not going to do another National. We have four years to change his
mind.  I know it must be hard on him, but he has so much to offer to
the breed.

I never saw so much outpouring of good will in the way people treated
Summer. She was thrilled to be accepted into our family and I hope she
continues to show the dedication.  People like Sally and Molly went
way out of the way to encourage her.  Jimmy had kind word, Leslie and
so many others said how well she did.  Bob Grady has been a big factor
in her dedication.  It is hard for me to remember she is but 10 years
old.

The Drapers were thrilled to go first with Asgard's Icon.  And I saw
so many incredible animals this year.  We breed each time to improve
the breed, so after a few years of doing that, we should have this
quality.

Thanks for letting me share my thoughts with you.  At times I get
tired and think about just watching the show, but I do get so much
response that I plan to do this until they pry my laptop from my cold
dead lap.

Stay well everyone and we will do this again next year in Colorado.

Evan L. Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

Posted By SHOWGSD-L to 2011 GSDCA NATIONAL COMMENTARY - THE UNOFFICAL
NATIONAL SITE at 10/02/2011 01:33:00 PM

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST!  Send comments, if any, to showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx