[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: 2 specialties in one day approved for 2007,  oppinions...

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:02:38 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2006 10:17:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx writes:
THE DOGS ARE IN GOOD HEALTH AND CONDITION I DONT FEEL ANY STRESS COULD BE A
FACTOR HERE ALSO.
I tried to stay out of this as the only experience I have in multiple shows
in a weekend are with International and ARBA shows.  They always have 3-4 shows
in two days.  Granted, these are AB shows and there is downtime to groom and
rest til your breed comes up.  But, they can get pretty hectic when you have
to run from ring to ring.  Have had to go right from Group, to the next class
for the second show.  Back to BIS for the first show, then back to Group.
Yikes!  I have done several of these shows and when they are organized, they
are a
lot of fun.  The dogs slept like rocks at night but seemed more energized the
more rings we ran to.  Adrenaline kept me going too.
I realize that specialties have their own set of issues.  Needing breaks
between dogs/bitches, sequestering judges, etc...  But, starting at 8am would
cover that, right?  It typically takes about 4 hrs for a specialty and that is
for
one of the long, drawn out ones.  So, you start at 8, a short break between
dogs/bitches.  A 10 min break between winners and BIS.  A 45 min lunch and off
you go.  Everything could be done by 4:30-5pm.  That would still work in the
winter.  Folks that want to leave for home early, don't enter.  But, I'd bet
with a good judge on the Sun afternoon show, people would enter and stay.  Or
do
like the original post and have a Fri evening show.  2 shows on Sat and the
4th on Sun so people could get out of there.  How nice would it be to cut down
on the number of weekends you have to pay for gas, RV parking or hotels,
expenses and stuff?  Maybe some of the money you save could go to the handlers
as a
bonus for working so hard :-)

JMHO as always.
Laura Thomas