[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2 specialties in one day approved for 2007,  opinions ...

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <walflwr2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 16:29:03 -0800

There is no way a sound athletic German Shepherd Dog can possibly get tired in
a Specialty Show gaiting around the ring.   They may get mentally bored, but
never
physically tired.   They can gait all day easily.....they just need some
motivation to
go in the same circle a few time.   <G>
I think two Specialty shows in one day would be absolutely great.   That gives
us all
an extra day in the weekend....one less Motel night for us and our handlers,
more time
to drive home from far away shows instead of all night kamakazee trips.
Show giving clubs can set up one morning early, start the show at 9 am.   Start
the
next show by 2 - 3 PM and take the ring down, clean up and go home for the
weekend.   Saves trips to the show, set up, tear down, go home and care for dogs
and start all over again the next morning setting up again.......and THREE days
when
we host the Futurities.   I agree with Paul......it's a no brainer.....

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com