[ SHOWGSD-L ] 2 Dogs in Southern California shelter URGENT! SHOW LINES!!!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 15:24:59 -0800 (PST)

Information still coming in but what I have so far is that there is a 4 year
old intact male either FROM show lines or IS a former show dog as well as a 5
year old spayed bitch, also I believe from show lines in a Southern California
kill facility. The owner is an elderly person who is either very ill or now
deceased; a relative promised to care for them and has now surrendered them to
a kill facility. They have until Monday (translation: they euthanize before the
facility opens on Monday. Owner surrenders are the first to be PTS...no one is
looking for them)
The person who has their breeding  is unable to take them back due to housing
constraints (I believe now living in an apartment)....If you can help in any
way with this, please call me. 617 538 4393. I check messages frequently; but
please remember I am in EASTERN Standard time. We are FRANTICALLY seeking a
Rescue commitment for these dogs. LHSH will donate toward the pull fees or
other costs associated with getting them out to any approved Rescue. I was told
that one of these dogs would make a great Jr's dog.
Please watch for more info as soon as it comes in!
Dawn