[ SHOWGSD-L ] 1st GSD

  • From: SallyHH31@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:55:02 EDT

Hi,
I bought my first GSD in 1961 from a breeder. I paid 45 dollars for her.  She
was not a show dog but she taught me how loyal and loving GSD's can be.She
always got the highest score in Obedience trials and everyone hated to see her
in the class cause she was unbeatable.She was a baby sitter to our two girls
and  had a fit when their dad was going to spank them. If he would run and
jump in  bed at night she would come right after him to protect me. lol He used
to say  (tell your dog I can go to bed now) Boy I loved that dog and it broke
my heart  to have to put her down at 14 years of age. Here I sit with tears in
my eyes  just talking about her. I have a 9 year old male now that I rescued
at 11 months  of age and he is as loyal as she was. I also have his daughter
and 4 of his  grandchildren. They are all so different but great in other ways.
I will always  have GSD with me cause they are the greatest.
                                    Sally HH
PS I had some in between the first and these I have now and they were  always
good dogs.