[ SHOWGSD-L ] 1971 National

  • From: Erynbrook1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:24:56 EST

I was just going thru a box that had GS pages from old dog world magazines.
One of the pages had listed the specials and class dog winners for 1971
National. Over 600 dogs entered. It lists 7 Select dogs and 8 select bitches.
Any one
remember it, that is right? only 7 and 8 selects?  It was in Detroit. GV was
Mannix and GVX aloha. Reno won the Novice class. Were the puppies not in the
show, but maybe in a sweepstakes?
And there were complains about the long 3 day show.  I will never get
anything thrown about if I have to read all this stuff first! <G>
Nancie