[shell-coding] CPU monitors in 2k/XP

  • From: "Brandon Sneed" <bsneed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <shell-coding@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:59:56 -0500

Everyone ever run into instances where when doing PdhAddCounter that it
never returns, or takes an awfully long time to return?  Its killing me.

I have an XP box, and if i run an enumerator, sometimes the "Processor(0)"
object is there, and sometimes it isn't.  I confirmed that it wasn't my code
by using Matt Pietrek's sample on performance data queries.  His is showing
the same problem.  And actually is showing other items that for some reason
aren't being listed.

Normally i would assume that this was a problem specific to my computer, but
the other day, a user reported the same thing happening to him.

Any ideas?

Brandon