[SFSSUG] Come to Microsoft in Fort Lauderdale tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept 4, 2013, to see Sam Mesel present TempDB Under The Hood

  • From: South Florida SQL Server User Group <sfssug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 11:21:28 -0400

South Florida SQL Server User Group (SFSSUG) is proud to announce the
following:

*USER GROUP MEETINGS*

DATE

LOCATION

SPEAKER

TOPIC

9/4/2013

Fort Lauderdale

Sam Mesel

TempDB Under The Hood

9/18/2013

Doral

Maria Gandarillas

Kanban for the DBA

10/2/2013

Fort Lauderdale

Maria Gandarillas

Kanban for the DBA

All meetings start with refreshments at 6 pm with the presentation from
6:30 to 8/8:30 pm unless otherwise indicated.
Fort Lauderdale: Microsoft, 6750 North Andrews Avenue, Suite 400, Fort
Lauderdale, FL 33309
Doral: Carnival Cruise Lines Conference Center, 3655 NW 87th Avenue, Miami,
FL 33178

*TempDB Under The Hood - *There are many operations performed internally by
SQL Server engine that use TempDB besides the objects created by developers
(temporary tables or table variables). This session will present situations
where SQL Server uses TempDB under the hood, and what can be done to
prevent your TempDB to be your bottleneck.

*Sam Mesel*, our next speaker, has been working with SQL Server since
version 4.2.1 (1991). He has contributed to companies like XEROX, Du Pont,
Compaq Computers, and J&J among others. In 2012 he joined Microsoft as a
Premier Field Engineer, and has been providing training and support to
customers. His areas of expertise with SQL Server are: Development, and
Performance Tuning and Optimization.

RSVP to our meetings directly from our website at http://www.sfssug.com.

*And now, come to our site and “Like” and/or +1 us!*

*Please go to our website at **http://www.sfssug.com*<http://www.sfssug.com>
* for more up-to-date information on our User Group, including upcoming
meetings and events.*

*
*

*Do you know that our group is on Google+ and LinkedIn?*

 *Google+:* https://plus.google.com/111285704777401030137/about

*LinkedIn:*  http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2558602

Join us there for discussions and additional news and updates from our
group.

South Florida SQL Server User Group
www.sfssug.com
SFSSUG@xxxxxxxxx | @SFSSUG | www.LinkedIn.com/groups?gid=2558602