[SFCC] SFCC: The Lab

  • From: Anita Howard <arh1967@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sfcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 13:38:48 -0700

Dear Members,

We are privileged to have a great computer lab available to our members.
The *SFCC Board* walked through the lab last week with some members of
the *Tech
Team*, including *Harry Slingland* and *Roger Steen*. We really appreciate
Harry taking oversight of the Tech Team. Also, Roger Steen and *Jim
Windes*take care of the Apple side of things in there.
*Margaret O'Connell* has been arranging for the cases of paper that are
needed to keep you all printing. There are others who help maintain the
lab, and we are thankful.
Thank you to whomever suggested *disinfectant wipes for the lab*. That's a
very good idea during this flu season and all year. If you would be so kind
as to wipe off the keyboard and mouse,  that would be great. Of course you
know not to use those wipes on the screen.
We would like to get a better idea of how much the lab is used. We have put
a *sign in sheet* in the lab in the center of the room. Please *sign in* *and
out* so we can see basically the volume of use, and the times of day that
use is heavy.
And lastly, some of you have dropped off an assortment of computer
peripherals, ink cartridges, etc. for others to take for free. The problem
is some of that doesn't get picked up. Here are *two options*:

   1. If you have left something there and it isn't picked up in a week,
   will you take it back?
   2. The other option is to ask that you not leave discarded computer
   equipment and peripherals there at all.

Two choices. We just don't want to have to find a home for it if no one
wants it.[?]

Again, thank you to those of you who help maintain our lab, use it
carefully, and show your consideration by cleaning up after yourself.

--
Anita Howard, President,
(with approval of the SFCC Board)

GIF image