[SEYSA] [Reminder] Be My Guest Series (13 Oct 2011): Ms Florence Hui

  • From: Peter Chan <peter.chan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:33:16 +0800

Dear Members,

"Social Enterprises" are gaining more significance in Hong Kong and have
been stressed in the policy address. In general, a social enterprise is an
organisation that applies business strategies to achieve specific social or
philanthropic objectives. Its profits will be principally reinvested in the
business for the social objectives that it pursues, rather than distribution
to its shareholders.

On this coming Thursday (13 Oct) evening, we will have chance to learn more
about the development of social enterprises in Hong Kong from Ms Florence
Hui, who is the current Under Secretary for Home Affairs and is in charge of
the policy making for the development of local social enterprises.

If you are interested in knowing this topic but have not registered, please
take this chance as soon as possible. Please refer to the attachment for the
details of the event.

We are looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.

Cheers,
Dr Peter Chan
Treasurer of SEYSA
*Youder since 2011*

Date: 13th October 2011 (Thursday)

Time: 7:30pm – 10:00pm

Venue: China Garden (南北小廚), 4/F Communal Building, The Hong Kong Polytechnic
University, Hung Hom, Kowloon

Dress code: Smart casual or school uniform

Fee:

Student associate members*

Full or other associate members

Register and pay on or before 6 October

$100

$150

Register and pay after 6 October

$150

$200

*Student associate members: Associate members who are full-time
undergraduate or secondary school students

If you are interested in joining this event, please reply to me by email at
peter.chan@xxxxxxxxx, stating (1) your full name and (2) your contact phone
number. And then pay the fee with either of the following methods:

(1)   Make a cheque payable to “Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association Ltd”.
On the back, write down your name and mark “BMG”. Send it to *GPO Box 11460*
.

(2)   Deposit the amount to the following account:

Bank of East Asia: 248-40-400263-7

Then send the pay-in slip to *GPO box 11460*, or send its scanned copy to my
email.

Seats are limited. Your registration will be confirmed by your payment on a
first come first served basis. Please note that the paid fee is not
refundable unless seats are no longer available for you.

For photos of our previous Be My Guest events, you are welcome to visit our
facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/seysa/photos/

We are looking forward to seeing you!

Yours sincerely,