[SEYSA] "Challenges in HK's Environmental Development" : Invitation to Youth Programme 2013 Forum

  • From: "Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association" <info@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <seysa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 17:22:56 +0800

This is a message from Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association.
YP Forum Poster F.png

Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association

Invitation to Youth Programme 2013 Forum

Dear Youders and friends,

You are cordially invited to attend the Forum of the Youth Programme 2013 to
be held on 27th July 2013 (Saturday).

The general theme of the Your Programme this year is "Sustainability", and
for our forum discussion we have provided the topic of "Challenges in Hong
Kong's Environmental Development: Waste Management". We hope to stimulate
our students to consider why Hong Kong, indisputably a city of means, finds
itself challenged time and again when faced with issues concerning its
management of the environment, illustrated by the recently much debated
topic of waste management. We hope that our youth can come to understand
that when considering issues of such complexity and disparity of interests,
they must always be aware, continuously reflect upon, and critically
evaluate, their own attitudes as well as others'.

Guest Speakers:

Ms. Suzanne Cheung, Head of Environmental Management, Business Environment
Council

Ms. Christine Fong, Kwok-Shan, Member of Sai Kung District Council

Mr. Rico T.K. Wong, Deputy Chief Executive, The Conservancy Association (長
春社)

The details of the day's activities are as follows:

Date: 27th July, 2013

Time: 9:30 - 13:30

Venue: Room N001, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hung Hom, Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

Language: Cantonese

Rundown:

Time

Activity

9:30

Participants registration

10:00

Welcoming speech

10:10

Forum - Presentations by guest speakers (90 minutes)

Each guest speaker will provide a short presentation of around 15-20 minutes
in turn. Questions may be raised and addressed between guest speakers after
all presentations have been delivered.

11:40

Break

11:55

Forum - Questions from the floor (80 minutes)

Open to student participants for the first 60 minutes. Questions from other
members in the audience will be accepted in the final 20 minutes.

13:15

Group Photo

13:20

Closing

If you are interested to attend, please confirm your availability by 25th
July 2013. There will be no attendance fees for this event. Should you have
any concerns at all, feel free to contact us at 98821094, or by email at
info@xxxxxxxxx. We look forward to seeing you in the event.

Yours sincerely,
--

Sir Edward Youde Scholars Association
www.seysa.org

SEYSA letterhead.jpg

If you do not wish to receive further email message from us, please click
here <http://www.seysa.org/general_info/#Subscription>  and fill in the form
for unsubscribing the mailing list.

JPEG image

PNG image