[SeniorTech] grandparenting

  • From: "Katy Cherre" <kcherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:49:45 -0400

Hello fellow seniors,

 My name is Katy Cherre. I retired after teaching elementary school for 33
years.During the last 5-10 years of classroom teaching I became more aware of
the need for more support for parents. Parents who volunteered in the classroom
often asked how I got their child to do as he was told because they couldn't do
it at home. The popularity of TV programs like Super Nanny and Nanny 911
reinforced my feeling that many parents want some help. I began a business that
I call SOS Parenting Solutions. In working with some families recently I found
that grandparents are higly invested in parenting solutions because more and
more grandparents are responsible for the childcare and child-rearing needs of
their grandchildren in households with two working parents, or single parents.
I would like to use this Listserv forum to find out  what issues  you think
should be addressed if I do a Grandparenting Solutions class at a Senior Center
or Community Center?
I appreciate your input on the listserv or privately.

Katy Cherre
kcherre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx