[SeniorTech] SORRY!

  • From: Richard Emmel <remmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seniortech <seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:57:32 -0600

My list friends,

I apologize to anyone who got a virus because you clicked on a message from me. Jerry explained all of this already, so I will not go over that. I get many emails from former students, and would routinely click on them, if I recognized the name. It always leads to a job offer, and I thought that was weird. I have also gotten my fair share of legitimate looking email that turned out to be a fraud. I now pause before clicking any suspicious email. I have two forwarding emails to use to get rid of swindles. I paid too much money for a company called ITECH to clean my machine. I was not satisfied with them, and had Microsoft do the same thing. ITECH spent three days working on it and Microsoft spent a day, so I feel good about it being clean. I also loaded the program called Malewarebytes on my computer, and it found several malware issues AFTER the $300 professional cleaning. In all the process, I loaded freeware to try to help my cause, and that only got me more problems. I still have one called AVG that comes up when I do a search. I read the directions on how to get rid of it, but it is too complicated for me. If I spend another dime on the computer, my 47-year marriage is in jeopardy, so, for now, I will just live with it. I was kidding about the marriage; I don't really think my wife would do that. I have a friend, Evelyn Craig Case, who lives in Hot Springs Village, to whom I have introduced SeniorTech. I do not know how long it will take her to visit the site and get on the list (she has connection problems and has not been able to use the Internet for months), but if/when she does, I know you will enjoy her company. She is 92-years old with some health issues, but she has a wonderfully, active brain. I have taken way too much of your time. If you made it to here, thank you for listening.

--

Regards,

Richard Emmel, TRYING TO GET OUT OF COMPUTER HELL

http://louisabook.wordpress.com/

http://www.BabySharonFundofArkansas.org/