[SeniorTech] Re: Medieval Computer lessons

  • From: Karen Tharaldson <ktharald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seniortech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 20:27:02 -0700 (PDT)

Omigosh! I just bought a new laptop last week with Vista and Office 2007 on it.
Having never used either of them (my old computer had Windows XP and Office
2003 - I was really in a panic. My daughter said I'd be fine, 2007 was great
and I would learn it by just working with it. I didn't believe her so I
ordered, Teach Yourself Visually, for both of them and by the time the books
arrived, I was quite comfortable with the new stuff, although I wasn't trying
anything new and different. Now, if and when something does happen, I will feel
safer having the books at my fingertips. All is well that ends well.

Karen T.