[seedit] Re: SEEdit 6.5.0 in beta stage

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 18:10:30 +0200

On 2011-04-16, at 17:23 , Charles Miller wrote:

> First I applaud your diligence in carrying SEEdit forward. Some repeating
> emails from other places I'm not so found of. Yours for some reason are
> welcome (even though they often concern matters beyond my usage).
>

> Second I ask my simple question. Starting up SEEdit yields a clear path to
> start a new project. But often I wish only to have a blank document where I
> can paste code and do some fine-tuning. Then copy out of and use elsewhere.
>
> I haven't found the way to just get a blank SEEdit page. Directly and simply.
> TIA...

1) If you mean "open a file" instead of the Project/Site when SEEdit is started
up, there is no way to do that.

2) There is "Global Template Folder" (in the File menu).
But if you mean you should write html code for testing then perhaps the css
file is a must for testing to format the page. The file need to be in the
Site/Project that have the css file.

When a "Global Template Folder" is created it is easy and fast to open the
files in this folder from the File Menu.

3) In the File Menu - New, there is a lot of templates also Blank HTML

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/prerelease.xml
Skype: seeditonskype
Yahoo: seeditmaxi
iChat: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxx
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx