[seeditmaxi] Re: Bye to VersionTracker

  • From: Sven E Olsson <seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:21:58 +0200

On 2010-09-13, at 19:12 , Charles Miller wrote:

> I used to be a regular on Version Tracker. But then switched to
> MacUpdate.com. It seemed to me I got more info. And willingly bought a number
> of their special prices on software.
>
> Chuck M

Hi,

After that an new version of SEEdit was announced, MacUpdate and VersionTracker
have about the same download the first 24 hours.  But after that MacUpdate is
dropped the downloads with 60-70% the second day and VersionTracker perhaps
about 10-20%.  And after about an week the visitors from MacUpdate is about 10
within the 24 hours, but VersionTracker about 30-40 visitors.

And VersionTracker was very stable a this ...

And it was this way I found the "news" about VersionTracker, I thought there
was some "bad reviews" or at least I did not understand what was going on ...

We have to see what happens ...

Sven E

Sven E Olsson
http://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/rss.xml
feed://seeditmaxi.cachefly.net/rss/prerelease.xml
Skype: seeditonskype
Yahoo: seeditmaxi
iChat: seeditmaxi@xxxxxxx
seeditmaxi@xxxxxxxxx