Weekend Camping Trip - Supplies

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:48:53 -0500

All scouts going camping, don't forget the following:

*         Compass - a good $8.99 one from Wal-Mart will work fine

*         2010 Handbook - Graham Sporting Goods for $8.99

*         Eating utensils - water bottle, cup, plate, silverware,
snacks, hot chocolate, etc.

*         Warm clothes, thermals, sleeping pad

*         Other normal camping items

From our website:

Weekend Camping Trips

o   BOYS YOU NEED TO PACK YOURSELVES!!!!

o   DO NOT LET YOUR PARENTS PACK YOUR BAG!!!!

This is our basic list, adjust for weather and showers are NOT
available.

o   *             Sunscreen

o   *             Pocket Knife (if totem chip)

o   *             Sleeping bag

o   *             Flashlight

o   *             Day Pack

o   *             Water bottle

o   *             Toothbrush &Toothpaste

o   *             Soap - travel size

o   *             Shampoo - travel size

o   *             Comb / brush

o   *             Towel

o   *             Hat

o   *             Shorts - 1

o   *             Long Pants - 1

o   *             Bandana

o   *             Socks & Underwear - 2

o   *             Shoes - wear one pair

o   *             Extra Shoes

o   *             Shower Sandals unless primitive camping (no showers)

o   *             Jacket for cool weather

o   *             Raincoat or poncho

o   *             Backpack First Aid Kit

o   *             Personal Medications

o   *             Scout  Book/Pen/Pencil/Notebook

o   *             Camera (Optional)

o   *             Backpack to pack all gear

o   No Electronics of any kind cell phones, radios, video games, etc.

o   REMEMBER WE ARE DOING LEAVE NO TRACE - WHAT YOU PACK IN YOU PACK
BACK OUT

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

Wildlife Camping Trip

We are going to have one fantastic camping weekend! We will be camping
at the Wildlife club, located on 87 south about 20 minutes south of
town. This is an important camping trip for all of our scouts. Younger
scouts will get an opportunity to pass off several of their lower rank
requirements and older scouts will have many opportunities for
leadership. If your scout is not scheduled to attend and has decided to
participate, please let me know ASAP!

Here's our plan:

Meeting Time: 4:30 at the scout hut

Meals: Friday - boys need to bring a sub sandwich for dinner

Saturday - Each patrol has met and planned their meals for Saturday at
our Tuesday meeting - Patrols are responsible for breakfast, lunch and
dinner.

Sunday - Leaders will prepare breakfast and we expect to arrive back at
the scout hut around noon

What to bring:

*         ROCKETS - Every scout needs to bring $10.00 to cover the cost
of the rockets

*         Permission Slips - don't forget to bring them Friday

*         Warm clothes, thermal underwear, toboggans, boots, etc.

Scouts - please let me know of any additions or deletions for the trip

1.       Matthew Inabnit

2.       Christian Maynard

3.       Mitchell Stadler

4.       Trey Weston

5.       Luke Huffines

6.       Jack Watt

7.       Tyler Schomburg

8.       Will Vickers

9.       Dallas Tucker

10.   Clay Sommer

11.   Declan Ford

12.   Seth Lewis

13.   Ryan Steed

14.   Zackary Jepko

15.   George Ellington

16.   Nathan Butler

Leaders

1.       Hal Bates

2.       John Maynard

3.       Jim Weston

4.       Rusty Huffines

5.       Rob Jepko

6.       Mike Ford

Should you have any questions, please let me know.

Hal Bates
Scoutmaster - Troop 17
http://www.ScoutTroop17.org <http://www.scouttroop17.org/>
2204 Teal Court
Burlington, NC 27215
HM: 336.585.1962
WK: 336.586.1325
MB: 336.269.2215

This document and the document(s) accompanying this transmission may
contain
confidential, protected information that is legally privileged.  This
information
is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
The authorized
recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this
information to any
other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is
required to destroy
the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.  If you are
not the intended
distribution, or action
taken in reliance on the contents of these document(s) is strictly
prohibited.  If you
have received this information in error, please notify the sender
immediately and
arrange for the return or destruction of the document(s).