Popcorn Fundraiser Update

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:00:43 -0400

Hi Troop 17,

It's time for a BSA popcorn fundraiser reminder!  The official start of
the popcorn fundraiser was last Saturday, Oct. 1st!  Popcorn can now be
sold door to door.  Parents, please remind the boys to ask neighbors or
friends to buy popcorn that they haven't approached before.  According
to statistics provided by the Old North State Council:

*80% of households have never been asked to buy popcorn from a Scout.

*70% of people will buy popcorn from a Scout when asked.

Also, please remind them to ask folks who have bought popcorn from them
before.  One more statistic:

*Over 90% of a Scout's previous customers will buy from them again.

At my house we are going to put these statistics to the test and I'm
hoping for good results!  Also, remember that many Packs and Troops in
Alamance County are selling popcorn too so it is best to start selling
early in the month.

Finally, you can remind your boys that Trail's End is offering
incentives based on a Scout's individual sales and our Troop leaders are
again giving $35.00 to the top ten sellers between the Troop and the
Pack.  All order forms and money must be turned in at the Oct. 25th
meeting.

Thanks for supporting this fundraiser!

Shannon Beck