Fw: Personal Fitness Merit Badge

  • From: "Bates, Hal" <HBates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 13:37:53 -0400

-----Original message-----
From: Tee Lander <tlander@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: John Maynard <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Hal Bates <hbates@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Matt Sommer <msommer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, Jul 7, 2012 10:48:20 EDT
Subject: Personal Fitness Merit Badge

Hi John and Hal -

I know you are just finishing up scout camp again today, and I hope the week went well.

I wanted to see if you could pass along a message to the parents of the scouts that are working on their Personal Fitness Merit Badge. For those scouts that have had either Matt Sommer or Tee Lander review and sign off on their 12 week fitness plan, I wanted to make sure the scouts understand what paperwork they will need to turn in at the end of their 12 week fitness plan.

1) Fitness Measurements sheet: the baseline (start) measurements were completed at the City Park. Their progress should be tracked every 2 weeks.

a.       Aerobic: only the 1 mile run

b. Strength: All of the strength components: sit-ups, push-ups and pull-ups

c.       Flexibility - not required to track

d.      Body composition - All of them need to be tracked on the sheet

2) 12 Week Fitness Program Activity Log - They should write down their daily fitness activities that the scout outlined in their 12 week fitness plan.

I have attached copies of the required documents to this email.

In order for the scout to complete the merit badge requirements, they will need to submit these 2 completed forms to Tee Lander or Matt Sommer in order to complete requirement #8 of the Personal Fitness merit badge.

Thanks-

Tee

THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENT IS
CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED
INFORMATION INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL
OR INDIVIDUALS NAMED ABOVE. If the reader is not the intended recipient, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please reply to the
sender to notify us of the error and delete the original
message. Thank You.