[School-GNU-Linux] Re: dial up connection from ubuntu linux

  • From: Saji N <saji89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: schoolgnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 18:24:20 +0530

Is your Motorola SM56 modem being detected? I also have a Motorola SM56
modem with which I had tried to connect to net.. I had discussed this matter
for a long time in many forums for help, but everything was in vain. It
seems that SM56 needs some Software modem, which is not easily supported by
linux, and I haven't yet got the answer to how to fix it the hard way. I had
reached a dead end on that matter... I too use Ubuntu 9.10. I'm now using
net via BSNL broadband, which works superbly in linux, and it is
automatically detected in Ubuntu... I'm sorry that I have  no further
information to help you. But do let me know if you are able to use that
modem for connecting to net via Dialup...