[scag] Amiga Forever 2005

  • From: Mark Benson <markbenson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: SCAG List <scag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 00:49:18 +0100

I just got done watching the last video on the Amiga Forever 2005 DVD set. Now I think I understand...

If anyone out there either wants a good video companion to the history of Amiga and all it stands for I highly recommend it. It's opened my eyes completely. Oh, and some people thought they'd never hear me say this, but in 1985, and for many years after, the Amiga totally kicked the Mac's ass. I've always wondered what it was that drove some of the weird and often not-so-wonderful decisions that Apple took over those years. I guess now it's pretty obvious. It's such a shame it came unstuck at Commodore or I think it'd still be up there in lights kicking the ass of computers around it.

Because all my study of computer history has more or less centered around Silicon Valley it's one part that has remained a mystery to me, until now.

Oh, and yeh now i get the jokes about the speedbumps... ;o)

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>