[sbe-atlanta] SBE Meeting on Tuesday (9/4/2012)-RSVP suggested

  • From: wmagliocco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sbe-atlanta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:10:55 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

From our website www.sbe5.info

The September 2012 SBE Atlanta meeting will be held at the "White Columns" of
WSB Radio & TV at 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta 30309.  It will be
held on Tuesday, September 4th, 2012 at 7:00 PM.

Our speaker for this meeting will be Steve Lampen of Belden.  It will be
somewhat unique in that Steve has 20 PowerPoint presentations ready to go.
Rather than decide which one(s) he will give to us, it has been decided that
we'll let the audience decide!  We can either sit through a long one, or a
couple of short topics.  We will keep it to about 2.5 to 3 hours total so that
our hosts at WSB (Charles Youngs and Gary Pearcey) can get home at a decent
hour.   Steve's bio is furnished below:

Steve Lampen has worked for Belden for twenty-one years and is currently
Multimedia Technology Manager and also Product Line Manager for Entertainment
Products. Prior to Belden, Steve had an extensive career in radio broadcast
engineering and installation, film production, and electronic distribution.
Steve holds an FCC Lifetime General License (formerly a First Class FCC
License) and is an SBE Certified Broadcast Radio Engineer.  On the data side he
is a BICSI Registered Communication Distribution Designer. In 2010, he was
named “Educator of the Year” by the National System Contractors Association
(NSCA), and in 2011 was named “Educator of the Year” by the Society of
Broadcast Engineers (SBE). His book, "The Audio-Video Cable Installer’s Pocket
Guide" is published by McGraw-Hill. His column "Wired for Sound" appears in
Radio World Magazine.

We will also hold a chapter business meeting on this date.  If you have any
desire to serve the chapter, provide meeting programming or a venue for chapter
meetings, your presence would be particularly appreciated.