[SAS-BOD] Re: Astronomy Day

  • From: cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sasbod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 17:25:13 +0000 (UTC)

here I forgot to attach the photo.

Debbie
----- Original Message -----

From: cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: sasbod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2015 10:21:24 AM
Subject: [SAS-BOD] Astronomy Day

Ok, because I don't know if we are meeting this afternoon. I want let everyone
know what is happening for Astronomy Day
May 2nd.

I went to Hillyard Library. The room is smaller. but they have two large areas
in the Library that we can setup display boards and activity center, puzzles,
making star finders, etc... they do have a screen and projector we can setup a
slide show or a dvd. I have asked Dan Croskrey if he still has the Mars Rover
that is run by the computer he will check to see if it still works.
We need to locate our signs, Jerry has donated All his signs to the club Dan
has those, I am not sure where the rest are.

Jim
will you be able to attend this year and bring your telescope. If you can, I
have attached a photo of the library birds eye view.
the Parking lot is a one way. you enter one driveway and exit the other. I
talked the Dan Pringle from the library and he said we could setup telescopes
on the grass area south we could also setup telescope on the north side in the
parking spots that are not handicapped. We could use the school parking lot if
needed. I suggest after we setup our stuff we should park in the school parking
lot just because that will leave room for the public to park at the library,
when I was there on Saturday at 2pm. the parking lot was empty.

Jim if you can attend please go to the Library and take a look and let me know
where you can setup.
The room has a sink I will set up a comet making sessions.

I will be going to the Library on Friday May 1st about 5pm to set some of the
display boards that will be setup in the library
if anyone would like to help me let know.

Jamie
will you be attending if you are I would like to get food for the volunteers
that show. I have gotten little bun sandwich platters that serve 10-16 from
Albertson's in the past, but Yoke's on Foothills drive is closer to the
library, could you check on prices. I think one year got little wraps. because
the price was better. Jamie if you are not available to attend could you still
do the research and ordering and I will pick it up. I think we should have
bottled water available also.

if anyone can think of anything else let me know.
displays with info, hands on activities and Solar viewing weather permitting.
Comet making and baking soda rockets. make your own star finder and test your
knowledge of astronomy are just some of the activities. drive the mars rover on
a mars landscape.

Debbie Cotten
Outreach, Event Coordinator &
Secretary of