[SAS] Re: PAS/SAS Joint Event

  • From: cave8@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 19:09:28 +0000 (UTC)

not sure hoe to contact them

Deb

----- Original Message -----

From: "Nick Monkman" <nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "SAS" <sas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 11, 2015 11:45:49 AM
Subject: [SAS] Re: PAS/SAS Joint Event

If it clears up a bit later I'm still planning on going. I'm bringing the club
grill and some burgers. Anyone know where / when we'll be meeting the PAS
folks? I'm assuming the park at the bottom of the hill.

If I decide to cancel I'll send a note out to the list at 3pm or so.

Nick

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Nick Monkman < nmonkman@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:

I am planning on going for sure. I can bring a grill if needed.

On Tue, Jul 7, 2015 at 7:49 PM, Paul Yost < pyost@xxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hello!

1. This Saturday is the joint PAS/SAS Steptoe Butte
star party/potluck BBQ!
If you have a grill and are coming - I'd
like to know! I'm eying my backyard grill and I'm
thinking there's no way it's going to fit in my
car!

2. New Horizons has its Pluto close approach July 12.
Light travel time to the probe is now 4 1/2 hours. It had an
unexpected 'safe mode' event July 4, from which it
is recovering, the engineers say.

[3. snipped.]

Best regards,

Guy Worthey

P.S. [From Paul] You will need a Washington State Parks sticker [Discover
Pass] for your automobile should you choose to attend this event. I want
to do it, but have a wedding in Oregon to attend. I hope to be able to
swing both.