[sarcmembers] Re: Gambling on Holiday Weekends?

  • From: Tony <ad6id@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 00:15:35 -0700

How about we publish the dates for all the meetings at the beginning of each year!?

We might want to decide the priority of Radio contests vs meetings at that time as well.

Is this a rhetorical question? Only you can answer:)
Why should we "be considerate of ....planned ...during holiday" compared to any other plans someone might have. I usually avoid traveling on long weekends due to all the crowds. Others may differ. Why should SARC be responsible for _guessing_ what people _might_ be doing any weekend? I don't have a foolproof algorithm. Just deal the dates and let the conflicts fall where they may;
deal with it - it's life.

73, Tony
AD6ID

On 26-Aug-2009, at 18:43 , Eric Lemmon wrote:

Several years ago, we held a SARC meeting on a three-day weekend, and only four people showed up. We should be considerate of those members who have planned family reunions, parties, and vacation travel during long holidays. It would be a good idea for the Board to look ahead to see what holidays may
conflict with future SARC meetings, and publish a meeting calendar in
advance- perhaps for the entire coming year. Reminders would be sent out as those dates approached, to ensure that every member knows when to attend.

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY