[sarcmembers] 160M antenna site

  • From: "David Dowler" <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sarcmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 18:05:46 -0700

Niko

As luck would have it, I have the perfect 160M location for you. It's not a
salt water marsh, but it is pretty nice. It is an abandoned AM transmitter
site. I am trying to go in on it with a friend of mine to use the tower
myself on 160M and 80M. The tower was formerly on 660 KHz. There are radials
(120 I believe) already installed. The tower is of course insulated.

My friend is going to put a Yagi on top of the tower. It will be insulated
from the tower. Power for us would be free, and so would internet access. I
want to use the tower for 160M and 80M AM. You could use it for whatever you
like. We could also install a really nice delta loop on the guy wires. I
think an internet remote base for this location would be outstanding on 160
and 80 Meters.

If you or anybody else is interested in going in on this ultimate 160M
antenna, let me know. My friend is meeting with the owner tomorrow. Email me
off line via my QRZ address.

Dave KA6BFB

Here are some pics