[SaoMai] Fw: AbilityNet Newsletter 09 17

  • From: "Dang Hoai Phuc" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <saomai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 15:10:18 +0700

----- Original Message -----
From: AbilityNet
To: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 11:04 PM
Subject: AbilityNet Newsletter 09 17

AbilityNet Newsletter 09 17

This week's newsletter includes all the latest accessibility and access
technology news, Special offers and course updates.

Contents
AbilityNet News

Access News

Best Of YouTube

Special Offers

Courses

Staying In Touch

AbilityNet News
AbilityNet Successful with AAC Funding applications from Becta

Stream 1 Building sustainable services

AbilityNet will be offering further extensions to the provision of a range of
existing services to local authorities and children’s services.

Stream 2 Innovation

Abilitynet will trial a scalable range of AAC assessment services, look at
cost-effective devices, training and support. They will work closely with local
authorities, health teams and local support teams.

Watch this space for more details

On your Bike for AbilityNet

AbilityNet are taking part in the Brighton 100/50 bike ride in on Saturday
September 26th and we need your support  All you have to do is to  register at
www.bike-events.com  and then set up a justgiving webpage to get sponsors
either for yourself or for us don't  forget to make sure that you put in that
you are riding for AbilityNet or, if you would prefer a paper sponsor form, you
can email vicki.dodds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and we will send one.

AbilityNet are recruiting. See our latest vacancies.

http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/newsarticle81

Access News
Free Laptops

Free laptop from BT for Voluntary organizations’ plus a year’s Broadband for
free !

Here’s a good bit of news to pass on....

http://www.btcommunityconnections.com/?dm_i=73Q,1AAF,RYR8U,3RGQ,1

Office Live gives tips on accessible websites

Some useful tips to get you started

http://bit.ly/tptY5

Braille Tattoos
Its just one of those stories you have to share

http://offbeatink.com/general/braille-tattoos-bodyart-for-the-blind/

Best of YouTube
Quick Form Builder - How to

How to use the new Quick Form Builder tool on Accessify

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ZaNvihEKo

SpecialEffect Game for Helen

Filmed by the BBC at Helen and Douglas House in Oxfordshire, where
SpecialEffect is creating an accessible computer games suite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-WKr0WkN-I

Introduction to Proloquo2Go

This is an introduction video about Proloquo2Go, the new cool Augmentative and
Alternative communication solutions for the iPhone and iPod touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD_1sdNEwfg

All of these and many more can be found on the AbilityNet YouTube channel
www.youtube.com/abilitynet.  Also now you can embed our entire channel into
your own pages.  Copy and paste the code below to make it widely available to
your team

<script>src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&amp;up_channel=abilitynet&amp;container=youtube&amp;w=320&amp;h=390&amp;title=&amp;border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&amp;output=js";></script>

Special Offers
E-learning
1 year access to AbilityNet elearning – only £35 per user + VAT

Go to www.abilitynettraining.org for details

Considering a technology change in your organisation?
If you are making a major change on your ICT within your organisation have you
considered how you will continue to meet the needs of disabled employees or
citizens. If not contact us to discuss the key issues to take into account. We
may even be able to offer a free 2 hour consultation session to help if needed.
! Contact David Banes at david.banes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for further details

Request a free HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff™ accessibility scan
HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff™ is an enterprise accessibility validation
solution that scans your Web site for over 172 separate issues and delivers the
results in a powerful online report.

Request your free HiSoftware Compliance Sheriff™ accessibility check today.

Need an accessibility speaker for event or workshop ?

Let us know if you would like us to try to speak at your events – we can
deliver onsite or remotely across video conferencing email
david.banes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for further details

Courses
We are planning out our summer and autumn courses for the remainder of this
year. We have some new and innovative course planned for you, watch this space
as ever -  until then we have

Access IT 2009

This two day event is now open for registration

Find details at

http://www.access-it-events.org/index.php

Email courses@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for details

Stay in Touch with AbilityNet
Come find us at a number of events in the next few weeks...

Media Trust

28th July

David Banes will be presenting on the impact of inaccessibility at the Media
Trust event on Digital Inlusion

Access IT 2009

22/23 September

Access – IT 2009 is coming to London – Jointly organized by AbilityNet and
e-isotis

Technology World 09

23rd and 24th Nov, 2008

Venue: Ricoh Arena, Coventry, UK

AbilityNet will be on stand 56 come and find us

Across the Web
Join our daily Twitter channel @abilitynet

Join our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/abilitynet

Read our regular Blog www.abilitynet.org.uk/blog

Join GATE The Global Assistive Technology Encyclopedia

Podcast No 5 Released
Our latest podcast is now available  – contents include

·        Interoperability and touchscreen gestures

  a.. How to customise your technology for your own use
  b.. DSpeech text to MP3 converter
  c.. Web accessibility news roundup
  d.. iPhone 3G S accessibility features

It's available for free from www.abilitynet.org.uk/podcast or via iTunes

AbilityNet is a registered charity, you can donate here now

error.
      This message was sent from AbilityNet, VAT Registration Number: GB 380
5979 14 C/O Microsoft Ltd Microsoft Campus Thames Valley Park Reading RG6 1WG.
Click here to report email abuse.