[sanesecurity_announce] Malware Patrol database

  • From: "Steve Basford" <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:58:01 +0100

Hi All,

Just spotted a few changes on their website that you might need to be
aware of.

So for those using download scripts that use Malware Patrol's database
(mbl.ndb) you might need to comment out that database for the time being,
until more is known.

Key Changes are:

1)

"We continue providing free of charge data for non-commercial usage, but
*** users are now required to register *** and can choose from two
subscription options: Premium and Free lists."

2)

"...users can choose to subscribe to our *** Free Lists that are updated
every 48/72 hours *** or to the Premium Lists that grant access to hourly
updates, additional list formats and MD5 hashes for integrity
checking...."

3)

"Current users are advised to subscribe as soon as possible. *** The
current lists download mechanism will be discontinued very soon. ***"

Source: http://www.malwarepatrol.net

Cheers,

Steve
Sanesecurity