[sanesecurity] Re: scan.ndb fails a simple test; discarding

  • From: "Steve Basford" <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:12:44 -0000 (GMT)

> Thank you for replying Steve
>
> I have the "fetch-sanesecurity-sigs" script running via CRON job.
>
> It's getting it's signatures from:
> mirror="rsync://rsync.sanesecurity.net/sanesecurity"
> Looks like this is the function that tests the ndb file:

Firstly, I'd update the script to Bill's script here, which has a load more
features etc.

http://sanesecurity.co.uk/download_scripts_linux.htm

However, if you have a test file to scan, try something like this...
what's the output of doing this

clamscan --database=scam.ndb tesfile.txt

Does the database fail then?

Now do...

clamscan tesfile.txt

Does the database fail then?

The script you current use, loads ALL the databases available, so you
might be running out of resources and so, the database is seemingly
failing,
changing script, will enable you to tweak your setup.

Cheers,

Steve
Sanesecurity