[sanesecurity] Re: [sanesecurity_announce] False positives on MBL_144360.UNOFFICIAL

  • From: Gerard Seibert <gerard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 12:57:59 -0500

On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 09:12:27 -0000
Steve Basford <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> articulated:

> > Hello
> >
> > This signature comes from malwarepatrol.com.br databases
> > I think you should better report this false positives directly to
> > malwarepatrol team :)
> >
> > But I didn't find any malwarepatrol 'fp' email to send fp to them,
> > nor any 'malwarepatrol' mailing lists !?! (only a 'report' email
> > and report form on
> > they web site)
> >
> > Does any guys on the list know some 'entry point' to malwarepatrol
> > for FP reports ?
>
> Hi All,
>
> Firstly, I'dd added an entry to sigwhitelist.ign2 and just pushed it
> out to the mirrors, this should have the effect of whitelisting the
> signature, even though it's not a Sanesecurity distributed/produced
> signature.
>
> Secondly, I've only got this link for submission reports:
>
> http://www.malware.com.br/index.shtml#contribuir
>
> Thirdly, this bit could be future cause for concern for script users
> of MBL blocklist:
>
> "Note that current users are required to subscribe. The current URL
> schema will be discontinued on Feb 1st 2010 when only subscribed
> users will be able to cotninue downloading our block lists"

I visited their page a little while ago and did find your quoted
passage above. However, I was unable to locate any specific
application/sign-up screen. Maybe I am just having a bad day. In any
case, I am downloading and installing the data base sans subscription
without any discernible problems. If the need arises, I will modify my
script to accommodate this proposed change however.

--
Gerard ✌
gerard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The trouble with born-again Christians is that they are an even bigger
pain the second time around.

        Herb Caen