[sanesecurity] Re: Q. about stdout "keywords" to distinguish between data sources

  • From: Rob McEwen <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 21:38:27 -0500

On 2/13/2012 9:11 PM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> PS - Here is a follow-up question... is there a way to get ClamAv to
> search SOME signature DBs before others? That way, "low risk" could be
> put head of "medium risk" ones. That way, if a low risk one has a hit,
> its score wouldn't be watered down by a "high risk" rule hitting it
> first and then watering down the score, using the system described above.

OK... I feel kinda dumb because i opened the sigs in a multi-tabbed text
editor and I see that the answer is starting right at me in plain sight
because the signature names are in each rules line for each file, in
plain text.

But the follow-up question above is still valid.

Thanks!

--
Rob McEwen
http://dnsbl.invaluement.com/