[sanesecurity] MBL feedback

  • From: "Steve Basford" <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:04:07 +0100

Hi All,

MBL sigs are downloaded from their site via a download script (much like
the securiteinfo ones) and obviously aren't distributed/check by me before
publishing.

Once I'm alerted of an issue I can add a signature to the sigwhitelist.ign2
file and whitelist for everybody... in yesterdays care there were so many
problem sigs, they'd all have to be added separately, which is a problem.

The other issue was then normally I'd post to this list.. but due to the
nature of the MBL issue, the email would probably have been blocked... so,
catch-22 :(

I did post to the sanesecurity twitter feed but that feed to normally just
to auto-post info when there are signature updates.

Would anyone find it helpful to setup a separate twitter feed (which would
be open to all) *just* for support/issues like this... and leave the
sanesecurity feed, *just* for signature updates?

Cheers,

Steve
Sanesecurity