[sanesecurity] Re: False positive Sanesecurity.Spear.kwok_at_slac_dot_stanford_dot_edu.UNOFFICIAL

  • From: Steve Basford <steveb_clamav@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sanesecurity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:54:32 +0000

Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
This pattern is hitting on business emails that contain a particular email
address.  Could somebody check on it please?

Sanesecurity.Spear.kwok_at_slac_dot_stanford_dot_edu.UNOFFICIAL

Hi Larry,

The main data for Spear and ClamNailer comes from APER (http://code.google.com/p/anti-phishing-email-reply/)
and you can email them to get the address removed.

I have, however, removed the address at this end, but might be worth contacting APER, as other anti-spam products use this feed.

As a side note, I'm working on removing older entries automatically, which would have avoided the issue, as the email address
was added to their database 2009-10-14 !

Thanks for reporting the problem,

Cheers,

Steve
Sanesecurity