[sandiegomuseums] favicon

  • From: San Diego Museum of Art <sdmaweb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: San Diego Museums <sandiegomuseums@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:00:05 -0700

Hello

I found a program yesterday that allows you to set an icon in the browser?s
favorite files, the address bar, and other places.  It?s free to download
and try it out.  It took me about an hour to find images to use.  You have
to create a 32X32 pixel image and a 16X16 pixel image.  This is harder than
it sounds.  That is a tiny canvas and you need to find something interesting
and representative of your museum.
www.favicon.com <http://www.favicon.com/>  has some great information.  You
can download the iconforge program from there as well.  It has a seven-day
trial period.
To see our icon, use mozilla and you should see a little face next to the
web site address in the browser www.sdmart.org <http://www.sdmart.org/>  .
In Internet explorer, bookmark a page and you will see a face next to the
bookmark. Drag the bookmark onto your desktop and another, larger face will
appear on your desktop.
It only takes one line of code on your website to utilize the favorite icon
feature.

Recently, I put together a presentation of printmakers of San Diego and the
history of San Diego.  The San Diego Historical Society allowed us to use
information from their timeline.  I want to thank them and hope we can do
more collaborative web site projects with other museums in the future.

I hope everyone had a great summer.

Ted Drake
Web Site Manager
San Diego Museum of Art