[samscommunity] Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Sponsors National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day Event

  • From: "WANDA WYLIE" <wwylie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <samscommunity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:43:00 -0500

From: Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and their RHOER CLUB affilliate

Date: Saturday, February 2, 2013 (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM)

Where: Refuge Temple Church of God, 4450 Argent Court, Columbia, SC
29203

**Please see the attached flyer for additional information.**

Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. Takes Action on National BLACK HIV/AIDS
Awareness Day
COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – In support of National Black HIV/AIDS
Awareness Day of February 7, 2013, the Iota Omicron Sigma Alumnae
Chapter of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. and their RHOER CLUB, female
youth affiliate will host a HIV/AIDS Awareness Step show targeting
middle school aged youth on Saturday, February 2, 2013. Support the
youth in your community as we Educate and Start A Conversation about
HIV/AIDS. Free HIV/AIDS testing sponsored by SCDHEC will be provided.
National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is a nationwide observance to
raise awareness of the increasing impact of HIV/AIDS in the
African-American community and to encourage them to get tested. It is
also aimed at empowering communities and organizations to take action in
the fight against HIV/AIDS. Be your Brothers/Sisters Keeper: Fight
HIV/AIDS!
Step-show participation is open to middle school and high school aged
youth. Community dance teams are encouraged for exhibition performances
only. Cash prizes will be awarded. For more information contact
803.960.0552

Ms. Wanda Wylie
Eighth Grade ELA
St. Andrews Middle School
1231 Bluefield Road
Columbia, SC 29210
803-731-8910 ext. 3215
803-731-8913 (Fax)

~ "I'm not an overachiever; I just work hard." - Dr. Donna Ford, 2011

 Richland County School District One provides
employee e-mail access for administrative and
instructional uses only. E-mail correspondence
to/from Richland County School District One is
 considered public information and is subject
to release under the South Carolina Freedom Of
   Information Act or pursuant to subpoena.