[saint] Better Late than never

  • From: Rohit Kumar <rohitsz2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:18:53 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings everyone,

So /me is too late to acknowledge the efforts that were put in to make infox
2006 a success.Without the inputs from USITians, i beleive this grand success
might not have met our hands :-)
what better could happen than USIT bagging the numero uno position.
Thanking each and every USITian, for making infox a memorable event.

So, now that infox is done with, the fun never stops at SAInT.
So we begin with the gnu/linux club(more to follow). We are planning to impart
training to each USIT batch with basic functionalities of any gnu/linux
operating system.So that the ZERO cost technology can be put to use in much
better ways and students have more options/areas to sharpen their skills. As
with any gnu/linux system, 100% software have their source code in public
domain, the extent to which the source code may be modified and the software be
made more useful is limited only by one's understanding *and* interest in the
application.

Done with the basics, lets get straight to how are we suppose to do it?
For starters, we request every class of USIT to make available atmost two
students from each LAB groups their class is divided into. For example, if a
class has 40 students and they are divided into two groups of 20 each, we need
4 students atmost to take part in this training.
We will deliver the first installment of the training thie friday ie 6th
October at 1400 hrs(we need to confirm availability of the LAB).

As far as the cost goes this training is NOT free...
The students who will be learning from this training *must* share whatever is
learnt to their other classmates w.r.t their lab divisions.So it is necessary
that we get student who have the ability to learn and deliver knowledge that is
learnt.The very reason to choose students w.r.t labs is that these student may
share what they learn accordingly in their labs and the burden is shared
equally by all.

Please give your names asap with numbers etc and submit them in person to Mr.
Shafi, who is lab assiatant for the Software Engg Cell(72 LAB), code named:
COST (Center for Open Source Technology) or email them to linux.saint@xxxxxxxxx
with your batch/course/lab group.

Though there is no deadline for this, but we would like to know and confirm the
 names/seats for the students as early as possible.

Also anyone can get blank dvd's to get their favorite gnu/linux distro from
us.We need volunteers who can write distros on cd/dvd for fellow USITians.The
distros will be delivered on basis of availability of a time,human resource et
al.

that is all..

thanks,
rohit.

NAMASTE, i honour the spirit in you which is also in me.
http://www.geocities.com/rohitsz2
http://rohitsz.blogspot.com

Get your own web address for just $1.99/1st yr. We'll help. Yahoo! Small
Business.