[SACNews] SACnews March 2009 Issue

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:58:37 -0700

All,

The March 2009 issue of SACnews is now available for your reading enjoyment.

In this issue:

1.      This month kicks off the new Beginnings Feature, where members can
relate how they got started in astronomy. I thought what better way to kick
it off than to let you in on my story (that and the fact I haven't gotten
any other submissions as yet:-))
2.      NASA's Space Place talks about improvements in technology that will
benefit the next generation of Moonwalkers.
3.      The minutes of the February meeting are presented for your
information.
4.      AJ. Takes us through readers observations in that winter stalwart,
Orion
5.      President Dick Harshaw talks about some of the measures the board is
considering to close the budget shortfall.
6.      The answer to last month's trivia question and this month's stumper
are on page 8.
7.      Get ready for the upcoming Thunderbird Star Party, Details on page
9.
8.      Member services begins on page 10, page 11 has the membership
renewal form, which is rather important this month if you haven't renewed.
Why? Because if you do not renew now, this will be your last issue of
SACnews. So don't delay get your dues in now.

Here are the links:

PDF file:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2009/SACMar2009news.pdf

Zip File:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2009/SACMar2009news.zip

Enjoy & See you at the Messier Marathon!

Clear Skies

Rick Tejera
Editor SACnews,
Public Outreach Coordinator