[SACNews] SACnews July 2008 Issue

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 19:04:54 -0700

All,

The July issue of SACnews is here for your Monsoon reading enjoyment. We've
got a supersized issue this month so we could get full Coverage of both
Rim's at the Grand Canyon Star Party.

File size is a bit higher than normal (About 1.8mb for the PDF and  1.7mb
for the zip file) but I hope you'll think it's worth the extra few seconds
download time.

In this issue:

1.      Steve Dodder recaps the North Rim Grand Canyon Star Party. This
event was the first under SAC's Sponsor ship. I'll let Steve tell you the
rest.
2.      NASA's Space place talks about the "Death of a Supergiant"
3.      Jack Jones was at the South Rim and give his report.
4.      A.J. takes us through some member's observations in Hydra, in this
month's installment of Call for Observations.
5.      President Dodder talks about some issues in scheduling next years
Grand Canyon Star Party in the President's Corner.
6.      How many knew the story of Mr. Gorsky? This month's trivia question
dips in to something you've probably heard (if your old enough, yet never
quite knew what it was and what it was for.
7.      A.J. posts the minutes from the June Board & General meetings.
8.      On page 10 we have a 4 page gallery of Photo's of folks enjoying the
Grand Canyon Star Parties, North & South.
9.      Member services has the map to our summer observing site at Cherry
II, the DOTM Star Party Schedule and the membership services form (if you
need to make any changes to your membership info or renew subscriptions,
etc)

Here are the links:

PDF file:

http://saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2008/SACJul2008news.pdf