[SACNews] SAC news Sept 2007 Issue

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SACnews" <sacnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 12:54:35 -0700

All,

Again, Apologies for the late delivery. Time just snuck up on me this month

Anyway, in this issue:

1)      A brief our Speaker for the 30th Anniversary Dinner Celebration, Dr.
Paul Davies.
2)      NASA's Space place talks about "Cosmic Cockroaches", molecules that
can survive a Supernova.
3)      This month we have a new author writing for us, Rascal Polakis, the
Astro-Dog, fills us in on his experience at the  To Heck With the Monsoons
Star Party.
4)      For this months edition of Call For Observations, AJ had us find all
the goodies in and around the "Table of Scorpius"
5)      I talk a bit about the THWTMSP and remind everyone to get the seats
now for the 30th Anniversary Dinner, it's coming up fast!
6)      Jennifer Polakis provides the minutes from the July SAC meetings.
7)      Every now and again I find something in SkyMap Pro (the planetarium
program I use) that I didn't know was there. This month it was a way to find
events of Jovian moons & red spot transits. Since Jupiter should be a good
evening target for the next month, I ran a listing of events for the month.
Let me know if this is helpful and as Jupiter presents it self again, I'll
run this feature.
8)      IF you need a response for the 30th Anniversary Dinner (See item 5),
there one on page 11.

Here are the links:

PDF File:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SACNEWS/sac2007/SACSep2007news.pdf