[sacate] Institute on Disabilities Programs Assistive Technology Lending Library (PAT

  • From: "Londa Peterson" <lpeterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sacate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:58:40 -0400

        I know the url I sent is correct.  I got there through my favorites and
copied the address bar.  Nevertheless, it doesn't seem to be working.  Give
this a try.  I'll test it when it comes back to me.
Title: Institute on Disabilities | Programs | Assistive Technology | Lending Library (PATLL)

What is Assistive Technology?
"Assistive Technology" includes devices that people with disabilities can use to help themselves communicate, learn, travel, do household chores, care for themselves, and have fun. An Assistive Technology device is defined in the "Tech Act" (Section 3) as " any item, piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities."

Assistive technology services are defined as "any service that directly assists an individual with a disability in the selection, acquisition, or use of an assistive technology device."

What is Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library?
Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library is a free service that loans assistive technology devices to people with disabilities. It's available to Pennsylvanians of all ages and disabilities.

What Assistive Technology is available and how do I borrow it?
For a complete list of devices, see the Equipment Catalog. Requests for devices can be made by you, a family member, friend or advocate, or someone who is helping you with your assistive technology needs (e.g., a therapist, teacher, rehabilitation counselor). How do I borrow an Assistive Technology device?

What if we don't have the item you need?
If you don't see the item you want, you can suggest an item for the Lending Library.

Do you have answers to frequently asked questions?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page

Who can I contact for more information?
There are local branches in many counties in Pennsylvania that can give you general information about the program and help you fill out application forms. For more technical information and support, you can contact your regional Assistive Technology Resource Center (ATRC). Or call 877-722-8536 (voice), 866-268-0579 (TTY), or email to atlend@xxxxxxxxxx.

Pennsylvania's Assistive Technology Lending Library is a program of the Institute on Disabilities at Temple University. For more information about the AT Lending Library, contact us. For more information about Pennsylvania's Initiative on Assistive Technology (PIAT) and other programs of the Institute on Disabilities call:

Toll free: 877-722-8536 (voice),
Voice: 800-204-PIAT
TTY: 866-268-0579
FAX: 215-204-9371

or Email: atlend@xxxxxxxxxxx

« Back to the top of the page

« Back to the list of Assistive Technology Programs

« Back to the list of Programs

« Back to the Home Page