[sac-forum] Re: Volunteers? Astronomy Day - May 7th at Arizona Science Center...

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:18:45 -0700

Start time is generally 10:00 am.  There's also 2 basic sessions.  During the
day with displays and booths inside while scopes are set up outside, (AKA
"Scopes On A Spit), and at night from ~7:00 pm until 9:30 or so.  I'll be on
the square, roasting all day, showing the sun during the day in the 8" SCT and
at night with the 20".  Mike already knows this, as did Chris, (but he forgets
things.)  ;-)

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stonehavenobservatory.com

From: chris.hanrahan@xxxxxxx
To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [sac-forum] Re: Volunteers? Astronomy Day - May 7th at Arizona Science
Center...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 18:03:58 -0700

Jenn:

I plan to hang out at the ASC in the
afternoon for a few hours and then cruise over to T-bird.  I don’t have a
set “start” time for the ASC event but will inquire and report
back.

Chris

Volunteers? Astronomy Day - May 7th at Arizona Science
 Center...

This is the same day as the Thunderbird Park Star
Party.  Would there be time to do both?

Volunteers? Astronomy Day - May 7th at Arizona Science
 Center...

All:

Mike George and I have been e-mailing back and forth
regarding the upcoming Astronomy Day events at the ASC.  Mike is asking
the following questions:

1)       How many
folks do we anticipate volunteering for this event?

2)       Will we need
any tables, power, etc. for setting up displays?

3)       Is there
anything else we would need?

Gene, will you be in attendance?  If so, are you
bringing the SAC display board?  If not, I can arrange to pick it up from
you.

If no one is going to be at the SAC table, I will make sure
to hang out there.  Otherwise I plan to be Scopin’ on the Square
with the PST.

Any other takers?

Chris