[sac-forum] Re: Reminder - ATM/Astro-imaging meeting tomorrow

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 12:55:33 -0700

Hi Richard,

While I do not have what you want I have made some similar counter weights. Just take a tin can of about the size you want, melt some lead on your stove in it. When done, drill the center out for mounting and a radial hole that is tapped for the lock screw. This works easier than you might think.

Jeff
Hopkins Phoenix Observatory
Counting Photons
Phoenix, Arizona USA
www.hposoft.com/Astro/astro.html
International Epsilon Aurigae Campaign
http://www.hposoft.com/Campaign09.html

On Jan 25, 2010, at 11:42 AM, Richard Harshaw wrote:

Paul,

I’m looking for a counterweight—about 2.5” – 3.0” diameter, 0.5” to 0.75” thick. Do you have anything like that or some stock I can drill a hole in? If so, I’ll be over tomorrow night with checkbook in hand.

Richard Harshaw
Cave Creek, Arizona