[sac-forum] Reflection Nebula with 4 Cygni

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AZ Observing" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 20:25:20 -0700

I have a request from Steve Waldee in San Jose, CA to observe a reflection
nebula he has discovered.  It is a 'small' and obscure reflection-type nebula
coincident with the star 4 Cygni and is bright enough to be seen in telescopes
smaller than my 14".  I suspect it can be easily seen in 8" and smaller.  He
has indicated a willingness to take on more observations, especially from
smaller scopes.

If you have time and make an observation and would like, forward it to Steve at
4.cygni.nebula@xxxxxxxxx and if you want to read more about this discovery
check out his web page at
http://faintfuzzies.zoomshare.com/files/4-cygni/4_cygni_nebula.html

AJ Crayon