[sac-forum] Post Memorial Day 5MM

  • From: "AJ Crayon" <acrayon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "SAC Forum" <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "AZ Observing" <AZ-Observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 19:28:41 -0700

I know it was a good idea for the annual 5MM trip to be scheduled in June, but
what about a 5MM trip just after Memorial Day?  I'm figuring on Tuesday the
26th and Wednesday the 27th.  Moon set times are around 10:20pm Tuesday and
11:00pm Wednesday.  So, once the moon sets we have all night long for
observing.  The summer Milky Way is up nicely around 11:00pm, hence that is a
possibility along with the spring time galaxies.

I see from an earlier e-mail posting by Steve Coe that he is interested in a
post Memorial Day trip.  Also, at the last SAC meeting, Dick Harshaw indicated
he was ready to go.

So, what about it?  Anyone else from SAC, or other astronomy clubs, interested?

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ