[sac-forum] Re: Paramount for Sale Revisited - Now Photos

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 13:07:36 -0700

Please excuse me for yet another post. Many thanks to Jeff Hopkins and Gene Lucas for guiding me in the right direction. It is obvious now, which didn't seem so before, that photos, even though we all (or almost all) know what a Paramount looks like are really necessary. The following photos show the pristine shape of the mount and the shipping tapes that have never been removed, Parts1a.jpg shows many bags of cables etc. that have never been opened, and Parts2a.jpg shows other parts that never have been opened including the counterweight bar that is still wrapped up. The black bottom in the image is the Versaplate.

http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME1a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME2a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME3a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME4a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME5a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME6a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/ME7a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Parts1a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/Parts2a.jpg
http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/CntrWhts.jpg
Stan

Stan Gorodenski wrote:

I am new to selling things and have learned some things as this has progressed. The following is a somewhat modified version of what I have in Astromart. Please read it if you are interested in a Paramount as there are some changes regarding the asking price.
Stan

"I am selling a new Paramount that has never been used. The shipping tapes to protect the RA and DEC gears during shipment have never been removed, and neither have any of the other tags on it. It has never been plugged in or operated in any way. This is the complete package you would get were you to buy it from Software Bisque. It comes with an extra counterweight, 3 all total. The extra counterweight cost me $200 over the Software Bisque selling price of $12,500. The asking price, with the extra counterweight, is $12,200, but the price is negotiable. "

"I am selling the Paramount because after receiving it and making measurements of it I discovered a German-Equatorial does not work well in my two story observatory without making unsatisfying modifications. The observatory (built around 1990) was designed for my 30 year old telescope and mount, a fork mount, and so the block pier is offset from the center of the dome slit. This is why a German-Equatorial does not work well. See http://users.commspeed.net/stanlep/homepagens.html";

"Email me at stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or call 928-632-8424 if you are interested. I currently live near Prescott, Arizona. If the buyer is not too far from where I live I could deliver as part of the deal. "